- Boundary Conditions: Editing, Translation, and the Transcultural Edition
Program arranged by the MLA Committee on Scholarly Editions
Presiding: Anne E. B. Coldiron, Florida State Univ.
- “Texts of Babel: Scholarly Editing as Translation,” Joshua Reid, East Tennessee State Univ.
- “‘Traduction faite à la demande de l’Auteur’: Harriet Beecher Stowe and the French Translation of Uncle Tom’s Cabin,” Charlene Avallone, independent scholar
- “‘¿Por qué no se leen libros argentinos?’: Jorge Luis Borges and the Promotion of Foreign Authors,” Nora Benedict, Univ. of Virginia
- “Translating without Transculturing: Editing Dene Oral History,” Alana J. Fletcher, Queen’s Univ.